Friday, January 30, 2009

Activites with Technology

When looking at the Indiana Standards and Resources website, I searched for Activites in the 4th Grade Reading Department. One Activity I found was called "Stories from Left to Right" You can see this activity by clicking this link: http://www.indianastandardsresources.org/files/eng/ela_k_1_2.pdf

When reading over this article I think that you could teach it more efficiently using technology. Using either a video or a program on the computer showing the direction in which a child should read a book. I think that this movie or program will help the child learn more effectively because they are used to watching a video to learn words (ex. dora the explorer, bob the builder) When showing the children this video, you will want to put it on a projector or a television so it is big enough for them to see. They will learn much better if they watch an animated version before actually reading. The web site says to incorporate technology you should pull up a word document and type to show how it automatically reads from left to right. I think this might be effective using enhanced video with the words already there from a book, and have the words highlighted as the class reads the words outloud, this way that if the children do make a mistake, they will remember how to read the words the next time.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren-

    I think it is really good idea that you use video to teach students how to read! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete